Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Date

So... I have a date tomorrow night. It was supposed to be last night, but it got moved. It doesn't have a blind date feel to it since I took the initiative and asked the girl out...tho I may have been expertly manipulated by her friend (who likes to play matchmaker) into thinking I had the initiative.

She's cute and seems interesting from what I've gathered from talking to her (ok, texting) and from reading her posts on Facebook. Hopefully I can keep conversation going over dinner without making a fool of myself.

If all goes well I'll need to learn to play Rock Band, as she seems to enjoy the game immensely. This has pluses and minuses for me. On the one hand, I've so far avoided playing these games with great success. OTOH, I'm tone deaf so having to press colored buttons rather than learn the songs by ear is nice.

Hopefully things will go well. It'll be nice to get away from the black hole that is the relationship with my ex. Don't get me wrong, she's nice to do things with and the sex is good (when it happens), but anything more than that is not in the cards. I'd prefer to not be a fat loner stuck in my house...or even a optimal body mass index loner stuck in my house (if my workout regime pans out).

No comments:

Post a Comment